1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server Spawn?

Discussion in 'Tekkit (Minecraft)' started by Gorian, Apr 17, 2014.

What do YOU want done with the spawn area?

Poll closed Apr 24, 2014.
  1. I think we should make a nice server spawn town

57.1%
  2. Leave it all wilderness. It's a survival server.

42.9%
  1. Gorian

Gorian everybody do the flop! Council Member

CZs Received:
    So, I've been hearing mixed opinions from our players lately. Some want a nice server spawn, others feel that waking up in wilderness and finding your own way better fits the survival theme of our server. Ultimately, I'm going to have to go with a majority vote, as it's often the best way to serve our community. So, cast your votes, and feel free to leave your comments if you desire as well.

Tags:
  2. {PR} Liam

{PR} Liam He who hesitates is lost! -Bass.exe Tekkit Admin

CZs Received:
    @Gorian is it possible to set 2 spawns? If so I have an idea, and of not, I still have an idea that should work.

Sent from my Space Cadet Mind

3. Gorian

CZs Received:
    not that I'm aware of.

• Like Like x 1
  4. {PR} Liam

CZs Received:
    I remember seeing some place where it was possible for an dmin to make a "home" location, cant you just make an alternstive home in an ideal spot where others would prefer to spawn?

5. {PR} Liam

CZs Received:
    I asked my little brother about a double spawns. But he said why dont you set a aspawn point in a hub room.

http://www.curse.com/bukkit-plugins/minecraft/randomspawn look into this @Gorian. I will as well when I get home. We use Bukkit as well, correct? If So, from skim reading it looks like you can set multiple spawns. If we make two spawns it will give players freedom to either a. nice spawn b. find your way or c. random spawn.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  6. Gorian

CZs Received:
    oh god, 2 spawns? really? that just sounds like more work to be honest... and, simply put, yes we use bukkit. A more complicated answer, is, no. We don't use bukkit. We use MCPC+, which integrates forge and spigot, which itself is an optimized fork of bukkit...

7. {PR} Liam

CZs Received:
    No. I have a kickass idea. Based off my brothers explantion. When you spawn in game there will be two doors. Ex scenario:
    Left door = find you way.
    Right door = good spawn.
    When a plsyer joins the server, a server message explains L door R door
    I am more than.willing to expiremement with this. Matt my brother is familiar with a setup similiar to this on a server henplays on with his youtube buddies. I can promise you this: it is kickass.
    Setting up a spawn choice for players is a good thing. It gives what they want and gratitude.

8. Gorian

CZs Received:
    maybe. Just feels like more complications to me.

9. {PR} Liam

CZs Received:
    Just let me look into it after work. Have faith, believe in the force Layne.

10. Endemoni

Endemoni Awakened Lurker {PR} Member

CZs Received:
    Personally, I'd like to see some sort of community area. We could decide on some practical constructs, such as a server-wide market, and some more aesthetic buildings, like a barber shop or whatever. The whole "wilderness" things has already been pretty thoroughly ruined, unless you plan on regenerating the chunks based off the world seed (destroying several players' buildings in the process).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gorian

CZs Received:
    well, we'll see what the majority vote is. Server spawn could be cool. And as for the player buildings in the area, every single player to join our server has been warned not to build close to spawn, and that anything they build close to that area could be destroyed.